Applications for the increased incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice are now open.
Incentive payment for apprentices who joined organisations from 1 April 2021
Employers with apprentices who have an employment start date between 1 April 2021 and 30 September 2021 and who also have a practical period (training) start date between 1 April 2021 and 30 November 2021 may be eligible for an incentive payment.
- Employers will receive £3,000 for new apprentices of any age
- Employers must apply for these apprentices by the end of 30 November 2021
- Employers can visit the guidance page for more details
In addition to existing apprentices, any new hires employers make between now and 30 September 2021 may also be eligible for an incentive payment.
How to apply
Employers can apply for the incentive payment through the ‘Finances’ section in their apprenticeship service account. For a walk-through of the process, employers can watch the support video.
Reminder: steps to take before employers apply
There are 6 steps employers need to have completed before they apply for an incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice:
1. They need to have registered an account on the apprenticeship service
2. If they do not pay the apprenticeship levy, they need to have reserved funds in their apprenticeship service account
3. They need to have recruited an apprentice
4. They need to have added their apprentice to their apprenticeship service account
5. They need to have agreed a start date for apprenticeship training to begin with their training provider
6. They need to have accepted the latest version of the ESFA employer agreement
If employers require support with any of these steps, they can watch the how-to videos, check the advice on apprenticeships.gov.uk, or visit the help portal, where you can access help articles, webchat with an adviser, call (0800 150 600) or text (07588 690018) the helpline, or email the helpdesk.